Baby walkers are used to entertain babies before they can walk. The ascended wheels and seats will allow the baby to push him around. The most modern walkers have toys because babies really love toys since it is now attach in the walker. Walkers also have a controversial in the recent years because of its development and safety concerns, but they still continue to be popular and it can also be used a safety device if proper precautions are taken.
The best time to put a baby in the walker is 6 months old because she can now hold her head up and sit up with just a little bit of support.
But it is not recommended that you will put your baby in the walker frequently. It’s has been proven that walkers can actually cause babies to walk slower. We used this baby walker every now and then but it is not suggested to use this every day.
The age and Development of the baby
- Most baby walker guidelines will recommend that if the baby will reach 4 months or older, they can now use the device and it is more important to consider the baby’s developmental milestones.
- The baby must be able to support their head and keep it steady so that they will not slouch.
- If the baby will not display a drooping posture then it would be easy for you now to put the baby in the walker.
The Safety of the baby in the walker
- Many safety hazards comes with a mobile baby, especially if the house in not properly childproofed. This can result to injuries if not the parents will do nothing.
- The baby in the walker must be monitored at all times. This is the job of the parents in order for the baby to be safe.
- The walker does not prevent babies from falling down the stairs it should be better if you have a baby in a walker in the house; you better construct a baby gate for prevention from falling. This will now serve as a protection also for the baby.
- Remove all those furniture’s with sharp edges but it would be better if you will use soft guards.
- Do not carry hot liquids or foods near to your baby and do not allow your baby to get near the stoves or in any other hot appliances.
- Remove also all the heavy objects and furniture’s that can be easily break.
This are the information’s needed in putting your baby in a walker in the best time. This information’s are very useful in determining if you have planned to purchase a baby walker. Baby walker will also allow the baby to move on their own as they have the freedom to roam around but be sure that you are supervising your baby as they have their exercise within the walker. Make sure that the baby walker that you choose has a stable wide wheeled base. This will prevent the baby from tipping off to the floor.